Working Hours: 36.25 hrs per week. Monday – Wednesday 8.30 – 5.00, Thursday 8.30- 16.45, Friday 8.30-16.00 (Please note that these are changeable due to needs of the business)
Reporting to: Software Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Reporting to the Software Manager this role will see you working in a team of software engineers on a wide variety of software.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner we use the latest Visual Studio products and produces software predominantly in Visual Basic. You will be involved in the full life-cycle of developing software. This will involve discussing the requirements with customers before developing the software. You will then also be involved in testing and trouble-shooting the software both from our office and on site.
You will be part of a team developing a wide range of software including graphical user interfaces, communication interfaces and SQL database applications.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a software engineering role, specifically from an Engineering Background, and hold a Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or software engineering. The candidate will demonstrate good problem solving skills and have a desire to deliver quality software to tight deadlines.
Key experience for the role:
- Previous experience in a software engineering role
- At least one years’ experience of developing using Visual Basic or C#
- A Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or software engineering
- UK Driving Licence. Be prepared to travel in the UK and overseas
- Be able to write English concisely, with good grammar and spelling
Software engineers will be expected to have and further develop skills in the following:
- Good understanding of object oriented software
- Good understanding of the .net framework
- Experience in web applications, windows applications, WPF
- Various communications and models including TCP, XML, WCF
Salary and Benefits
For this position Harland Simon is offering a competitive salary depending on experience, 26 days holiday and a contributory company pension scheme (after successful completion of a probationary period).
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please send your full CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.